Preparing for your bridal appointment? We know- you want to know what to bring and how to prepare, right? We have been doing this for almost 5 years now and have learned a few dos and donts to make your gown experience top notch! We are going to share some dos with you today, all [...]
Preparing for your bridal appointment? We know- you want to know what to bring and how to prepare, right? We have been doing this for almost 5 years now and have learned a few dos and donts to make your gown experience top notch! We are going to share some dos with you today, all hopefully helpful and will assist in helping you to have the most enjoyable experience possible!
Do’s of Bridal Gown Shopping:
1. Don’t Sweat your Arrival. Give yourself some time to find the boutique/store. Parking may be close to the store or you may have to grab a space in a parking garage. If you are 2 minutes late- its ok! Upon arrival, use the potty, grab a water, settle your belongings and take a deep breath! It will be fun, promise!
2. Wear tan or Nude. There is no way around it, you will see dark color undies under these gorgeous gowns. It will throw you off and make you wish over and over that you thought more about your undergarment choices for the day!
3. Leave the Outspoken Friend at Home. Don’t get us wrong, we love friends. HOWEVER, you do not need an outspoken friend who wants to check in on every gown- this is your day and often your day with the few whose opinions matter the most!
4. Go with it! If the consultant offers you a bra, take it! If she has a suggestion, listen. These consultants are trained and very knowledgable. Go with it! Let them make suggestions, let them zip you and clip you and do all of the leg work. Its what they are there for and its what they love to do.
5. Know your Gown Budget. Save yourself and the consultant the misery of trying on gowns that are out of your budget and then falling in love and feeling stuck! Know your budget, share your budget and try gowns on within the range! You will be very happy that you did!
6. Eat before you Arrive! They do not have medics on staff and its best that you do not pass out on this special day!
7. Say Yes! If you love the shop, love your consultant, like the price, LOVE the gown and have no reason to keep on shopping then say yes to that dress. We find that bride who try on upwards of 20+ gowns get confused and frustrated with the gown process. If all the pieces fit, say yes! You will be so glad to move on to other details of your big day!
8. Snap a FEW. Snap a few shots of your favorite gowns if the shop allows. Perhaps a few shots is sufficient! 100 pictures from your shopping trip is not needed and will just fill up your Iphone gallery!
9. Take in the Moment. You are getting married! Take it all in- try on a princess ball gown! Take a picture with your favorite people! Smile- its not that bad!! Enjoy the process and make some great memories.
10. Accessory Appointment Needed. A lofty goal would be to choose your gown AND all accessories in one appointment. Often it takes a second accessory appointment to pull your entire look together. Breathe- choose the gown first and then let the rest of the details fall into place!
Photo: Apple Brides
Link to post
Copy the following url and paste it to a location of your choice to share.